Saturday, October 25, 2008

Food Rant: Hanabi , Tampopo & Xin Wang



Bon appetit RHOMers, as all you regular readers out there (yes all 3 of you) I haven't been updating my food rants for awhile now. Lots of pics of food have built up in my phone and I decided to lay them all out tonight.

First, I am sure many of you have already tried Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe. This was from 2 weeks back when I had my dinner at Cineleisure's Xin Wang. Above are the pictures from my dinner, though I cannot remmeber what I had that plate there was my friend's chicken rice while the drink was my peanut butter ice blend.

It was a unique drink to turn peanut butter into an ice blended drink. It tasted exactly the same as peanut butter but was still good nontheless, but near the end of the drink it started to feel overwhelming. I guess I would give it a 5.5/10.




Next up, Hanabi Japanese Restaurant Buffet at Katong Mall. This is just a small portion of what I had that day. The food was quite good and the variety was slightly above average. The menu doesn't show you any pictures so you got to know you Japanese food pretty well or just 'hantam' and pray you don't order something unedible. Overall the buffet was a 6.5/10 cause drinks weren't included in the buffet else I might have given a higher.



Finally Tampopo at Liang Court which I just had this afternoon. Even though I just had this meal with a couple of my friends this afternoon, the name of these meals have already escaped me. I do remember the one on the right was my meal, even though it looks spicy ( the waiter even warned me about its spicyness) its not really THAT spicy. On the left was something really special, the eggs that were served with the noodles were hard boiled on the outside but liquid on the inside. How they managed to cook the eggs like this is really beyond me, but according to my friends(my dish didn't have a liquid hard egg sob) it tasted nice. Overall I would rate it as a 6.5/10, the ramen was nice but I kinda prefer Waraku's more.

Hanabi Japanese Restaurant
Tampopo Restaurant


0 comments: