Monday, October 27, 2008

Music Rant: The Dark Knight OST



Y so serious RHOMers, managed to get a copy of The Dark Knight OST today. A beautiful collaboration of Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard. IMO I feel that the soundtrack contains more darker tunes and some I would say 'chaotic' parts. I believe that many would agree with me when I say that I believe that the music played a major role in Dark Knights success. 

My favorite track would be "Like a Dog Chasing Cars".  It starts off suspense like then slowly rolls into a dark heroic kind of tune. In the middle you can feel the heroic theme go off into a climax of sorts before it dies off into a chaotic theme which I think is suppose to potray the Joker maybe in a scene in the movie when the track is played. I have linked a youtube video allowing you to preview a lower quality of the soundtrack. 

And finally if you like it, don't buy it just yet haha. Wait till December 9th when they release a 2 CD version of the soundtrack (which I wish I had known earlier).

0 comments: